San Miguel de Allende, MEXICO
February 3 - 10, 2020
Julie Cliff – Group Leader
Travel to the colonial heartland of Mexico where the Revolution for Independence from Spain began. San Miguel de Allende is a cobblestone street, colorful, charming town with hidden gardens, balmy breezes, cultural activities, flavorful cuisine, and magnificent architecture. We will stay at Casa de la Noche, a delightful B & B with a central location and full, healthy breakfast daily.
Our tour will feature a Welcome Margarita Party, a walking tour of the historic area, cooking class which will conclude with a fabulous lunch, day tour of the area, exclusive appointment with William Harris, the craftsman of fantastic jewelry and whose homes are a museum of Mexican Folk Art, Western Art, and a picturesque, exotic garden. Flower Market which encompasses the Parque Juarez is a festival of plants and flowers indigenous to Mexico, with daily live entertainment.
Optional excursion trip will be a visit to the Pyramids, Canada de la Virgin, including round trip transportation, hike to the pyramids, lunch, and lecture. The pyramids served as a ceremonial center in pre-Hispanic times and as an astronomical observatory. It enjoyed its golden age from 540 – 1050 AD. A walking tour to the site by one of the two archeologists on this project followed by a typical lunch eaten by the Indians of the period near the site. Afterward a lecture about the math and astronomical lining up of the pyramids.
Another optional excursion is a day trip to the Chincua Butterfly Sanctuary. $100 per person for transportation if we have at least 4 people participating. See these monarch butterflies on the trees and flying around. A thrill of a lifetime! They migrate to the same spot from November thru March each year.
LAND ONLY, per person double occupancy
$300 Single supplement (limited availability) small room with private bath
$500 Single supplement for larger room with private bath
We are delighted to assist you with your airline reservations if needed.
- 7 nights, 8 days Casa de la Noche, Bed and Breakfast located in the historic central district.
- Daily full healthy breakfast.
- Round trip airport Leon or Queretaro / Casa de la Noche transportation regardless of your flight.
- Welcome evening Margarita Party.
- Half Day walking tour of historic area.
- Cooking Class of typical Mexican food with Kirsten West.
- Day Trip around the area; Dolores Hidalgo, Santa Rosa, Atotonilco.
- Studio visit to William Harris, gorgeous, original costume jewelry, tour of houses and picturesque garden, plus the Pope’s Dining Room.
- Aurora Textile Factory which is now a huge complex of art galleries, antique shops, boutiques, and restaurants. This is located on the outskirts of town.
- Fabulous crafts; ceramics, pewter, silver, rugs, art, folk art, local music, and more!
OPTIONAL EXTRA TOURS:
- Pyramid Tour, Lunch and Lecture. Canada de la Virgin with one of the two archeologists, Typical Indian lunch followed by lecture pointing out position of the pyramids with astronomical happenings. $80 per person includes van to the location round trip, walk to the pyramids, lunch, and lecture.
- Chincua Butterfly Sanctuary, early morning departure for a full day trip to see the incredible monarch butterflies. Either ride an old nag up or walk. The altitude is very high. Worth the view of all the monarchs clustered around the trees. $100 per person if we have at least 4 participants.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR:
- Travel Insurance, our insurance information will be shared when we receive your deposit.
- Tips for Drivers and Guides
- Tips for all staff at Casa de la Noche. Suggested $3 – $4 USD per day per person. You will be there 7 days, we suggest $20 or $25 USD per person left in an envelope at front desk upon departure.
- Air round trip - your gateway / Leon, Mexico (BJX) or Queretaro (QRO).
- Lunch, dinner except for Cooking Class which includes lunch. Margarita Party has substantial food which you may call dinner
Non refundable and non transferable deposit $1,000 due AUG 1, 2019
Final payment due SEPT 1, 2019
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept credit cards.
Make check payable to: "Fashion Perspective Tours".