Venice, ITALY & SWITZERLAND
June 10-19, 2017
St. Catherine's School Alumnae Association Invites Alumnae, Friends, Current and Past Families, Children of all ages to join us for a Tour of Venice, ITALY / Stein am Rhein and Zermatt, SWITZERLAND.
Venice, ITALY: See the Basilica San Marco and the Palazzo Ducale, the Rialto Bridge, and enjoy a gondola ride along the canals where Marco Polo and the great Don Juan lived. Carnival is so much a part of Venice. Go to the best mask making vendor and try your hand at making one yourself, if you wish. Island visits to Murano for glassblowing and Burano where the ladies hand make lace while the men fish for their livelihoods. Both are lively canal islands. On the island of Burano each house is painted a bright color making this a picture postcard dwelling.
Price of tour includes one way air; Venice / Zurich. Private motor coach provided for transportation throughout Switzerland.
Stein am Rhein, SWITZERLAND: This is the charming 16th century German sector of Switzerland. In this medieval village the facades of the houses and buildings are frescoed giving a unique and lovely feeling. We will have a half day tour of the area visiting the St. Georgen Cloisters, a Benedictine Monastery. Stein am Rhein is in the county of Schaffhausen where the Rhine River leaves Lake Constance. Fresh trout from the river is a definite specialty.
Zermatt, SWITZERLAND: Then on to Zermatt at 5,276 feet above sea level to see the breath taking Matterhorn. The Matterhorn Museum is worth a visit to know the history. Cable cars and series of lifts take you to various peaks for spectacular views. Hiking in this most beautiful section of Switzerland is popular and in summer you have Glacier skiing and snow boarding. The town is closed to motorists so one reaches Zermatt by a special train. Transportation to Geneva Airport to return home.
Group air, Air France
$2,950 LAND per person, double occupancy
$850 Single supplement
- $100 tax deductible donation to St. Catherine’s Scholarship Fund
- Group Air out of Washington Dulles Airport (IAD)
- Round trip transfers Venice Airport / Hotel
- 4 nights Hotel Casa Nicolo Priuli in Venice
- 2 nights Hotel Rheinsfel in Stein am Rhein
- 2 nights Mont Cervin Palace in Zermatt
- Breakfast daily throughout tour
- Air one way from Venice to Zurich
- Private motor coach from Zurich to Stein am Rhein
- Half day tour of Stein am Rhein
- Private motor coach from Stein am Rhein to Zermatt
- Private motor coach from Zermatt to Geneva Airport
- Fully escorted
- Travel Insurance which is mandatory. We will send you the brochure upon receipt of your deposit. Price varies according to age.
- Tips guides, bus drivers, etc.
- Museum entrance, not many on this tour and optional.
- Lunch, dinner
Non refundable and non transferable deposit $1,000 due JAN. 1, 2017
Final payment and single supplement due FEB. 1, 2017
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept credit cards.
Make check payable to: "Fashion Perspective Tours"